CSS to take chemistry to parliament
04 March 2013
Three day exhibition in the Scottish Parliament to inform politicians and researchers of the chemical industry's platform for growth
Chemical Sciences Scotland is planning a three day exhibition in the Scottish Parliament from the 23 - 25 April.
The exhibition will provide sector representatives with the opportunity to inform Scotland’s politicians and researchers about the chemical industry’s Platform for Growth strategy and enable experts to spread the message on how Scotland can exploit the sector’s strengths for future growth.
It also provides a platform to highlight that the Chemical Sciences in Scotland are:
- critically important to its economy
- ranked as Scotland's number two export earner
- at the heart of all aspects of our day-to-day lives, whether in the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the computers, phones and TVs we use or the pharmaceuticals that help to keep us healthy
The exhibition will present the opportunity for selected companies to meet with MSPs and to meet and speak with others participating in the exhibition.
Three key themes of the exhibition will be:
- SMEs and the regulatory challenge
- Non-SMEs, their contribution to Scotland and how Scotland competes globally
- Presentation of the Industrial Biotechnology strategy and the opportunity this offers Scotland
Email John Hand for further information on the exhibiton