Environmental and clean technology opportunities for the Scottish chemical sciences sector
In February 2011 the Scottish Enterprise Boards’ Chairs Forum discussed the ‘low carbon’ economic transition. They requested that each sector should identify low carbon opportunities and provide leadership to industry. This paper will help to:
- highlight emerging opportunities in the Environmental and Clean Technology sectors; and
- further the industry’s understanding of its impact on global GHG emissions.
This more robust understanding of the opportunities and impacts is designed to stimulate thinking amongst the Chemical Sciences Scotland (CSS) members. It is hoped that the opportunities and actions identified can be integrated into the planned refresh of the industry strategy, The Formula for Success.
This report is structured as follows:
- background information to understand the sector;
- a description of the drivers for sustainability in the chemical sector;
- details of the business, innovation and emerging opportunities;
- a discussion of the challenges facing the sector; and
If you require this publication in an alternative format and/or language please contact us to discuss your needs. If you don't have Microsoft Word, you can download a Word viewer from Microsoft for free.
Download Microsoft Word viewer