Regional Advisory Boards ensure the private sector and key stakeholders in specific regions have an influential role in our strategy. They are regionally-based boards advising us on the best way to maximise the contribution of each region to Scotland’s economic growth, through:
- ensuring industry alignment and providing strategic direction
- identification and development of major projects.
They advise and influence our executive leadership team on:
- strategy and policy development
- industry policy
- business planning and other processes.
Who they are
The advisory boards are comprised of up to 18 board members. Membership is mainly from the private sector but includes partner organisations, such as local authorities and the higher education sector.
The Regional Advisory Board regions and chairs are:
- Aberdeen City and Shire - Tom Smith, executive chairman, Nessco Group Holdings Ltd
- Tayside - Jim McPhillimy, group services director, Scottish and Southern Energy
- East of Scotland - Colin Stewart, managing director, Citi group
- West of Scotland - Graeme Waddell, former business director, Rolls Royce Aero Repair and Overhaul
- South of Scotland - Gareth Baird, farmer.
Find out about our partner organisations
Find out what the Industry Advisory Boards do
Read about our board