- The Scottish Co-investment Fund (SCF) investment in a company must not exceed £1 million in one tranche or in multiple rounds.
- The total deal size should not exceed £2 million (this will include any debt component).
- The investment must be at least matched pound for pound by the SCF partner.
- The terms obtained must be equal to those of the SCF partner.
- Scottish Enterprise cannot hold in aggregate more than 29.9 percent of the voting rights of a company.
- Public money cannot account for more than 50 percent of the total risk capital funding in a deal.
To be eligible for investment from the SCF, your company must:
Your company must be in an approved business sector. Restrictions apply to SCF investments in the following sectors:
- Real estate/property development
- Social and personal services
- Pubs, clubs and restaurants
- Local services
- Banking and insurance
- Motor vehicles
- Nuclear decommissioning
- Professional services
Other activities may be restricted by Scottish Enterprise from time to time, in line with ERDF requirements.
All SCF opportunities are brought to us by one of our private sector partners. If you are looking for investment, you must first secure funding from one of the SCF partners. Our directory includes contact details for each partner, so you can contact them directly.
Search for an SCF investor