How can we help?
We offer a range of free and impartial services to assist Scottish businesses to identify, manage and exploit their hidden value. We provide support to businesses to better manage their Intellectual Assets (including Intellectual Property) which includes the following situations:
- Developing new products/services - what types of Intellectual Property could potentially assist to legally protect your developments?
- Intending to work with third-parties - how will you manage confidentiality and the ownership?
- Building a brand - what strategies can you employ to build and establish a reputation and create meaningful relationships with customers and suppliers?
- Licensing – have you identified specifically what you will be licensing? Under what terms and what the implications will be?
- Presenting the company or its products for sale or investment – what are the unique assets which make you attractive to customers or investors?
Although we do not replace the expertise of professional legal advice, we can assist companies to identify where their value lies, strategies they may consider to manage and protect these assets, and how their brand and reputation can be used to capitalise and promote them better to existing and new customers.
Our services are part of Enterprise Europe Network Scotland
Make an enquiry
How do we deliver our services?
We engage with companies to identify their IA and determine how effective management of these can be used to address challenges and add value. Whether it concerns the handling of Intellectual Property within a collaborative project or enhancing your reputation through the use of key customers and suppliers, we can present options to consider for taking the first steps.
Intellectual Assets (IA) Audit
For companies aiming to learn about their own intellectual assets, an IA Audit can help to identify assets of a business which are often not recognised or codified, perhaps in the form of internal expertise or key contracts. Our IA Audit can help businesses to identify and document the key value drivers that underpin or enhance their product/service offering.
We deliver workshops to help companies understand what intellectual assets are and how managing them can have a positive impact on business. Through shared learning, delegates will gain a better understanding of how to identify Intellectual Assets. Topics covered include:
- How to improve commercial prospects through brand management
- Developing relationships with stakeholders
- Intellectual Property protection strategies.
Our workshops are tailored to lead on to one-to-one interactions to assist companies to exploit what they have learnt to enable positive impacts.
Make an enquiry