The CRM (customer relationship management) Partnership is a group of public sector organisations, principally charged with the economic development of Scotland. The CRM Partnership comprises:
- Scottish Enterprise (SE)
- Scottish Development International (a joint venture among Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and Scottish Government)
- Business Gateway (represented by COSLA)
- Skills Development Scotland
Purpose of the CRM Partnership
The CRM Partnership’s purpose is to provide a consistent, co-ordinated approach to delivery of services to its customers. To better serve this purpose, the members of the CRM Partnership have come together to share one CRM system. It is on the CRM system that all personal information and non-personal information of the CRM Partnership’s customers will be stored.
Personal Information in the CRM system will be processed by the CRM partners as follows:
Personal information processed
The CRM Partnership processes the following types of personal data:
- Identity data
- Contact data
- Transaction data
- Profile data
- Marketing data
Source of personal information
The CRM Partnership collects personal information from the following sources:
- Direct interactions
- Employer or company
- Third party sources/publicly available sources
The purpose for processing
The CRM Partnership collects personal data in order to:
- Provide consistent, clear and co-ordinated engagement with our customers on products, services and support that they are interested in
- Enable better design of business support services across the wider public-sector landscape
- Create opportunities to refer across and between CRM partners, develop shared understanding and to monitor the effectiveness and responsiveness of the CRM partners’ individual service offerings
- Collaborate on the design of future services and interventions as a result of insights gained from a shared system, aggregated data and better understanding of what support the customer of the CRM customers are seeking and receiving in real time
- Provide you with information you have requested from us as part of our marketing services – please see Marketing and Events for further information
- Answer any enquiries you have submitted to us – please see Enquiries for further information.
- Provide your business with funding and support – please see Funding and Support for further information
Performance of task in the public interest task/exercise of our official authority.
Consequences of not providing the personal information
The CRM Partnership will not be able to provide you or your business with the best possible support.
How long we will keep your personal Information
We will keep your personal information for the period of your relationship with us plus 18 months if no funding has been provided.
Where funding has been provided, we are required to retain your information as specified by the relevant UK or European legislation. This is generally, 10 years from the date of the end of the European funding programme. For example, funding and support given under a 2014-2020 programme will require to be retained until the end of 2030.