Identifying the right replacement for your company's leadership can be a task fraught with challenges. This session offers business owners who might be considering exit from their business advice and guidance on how to navigate the process.
- The issues involved in seeking a replacement
- Internal vs external recruitment
- The importance of robust ownership succession planning
The Scottish Enterprise Workplace Innovation team offer support to companies as they navigate the maze of succession planning. Kaela Dear, Workplace Innovation Specialist, will talk through what issues have to be considered, what's involved in succession planning and how to ensure your leadership team is as effective as it can be.
Sean Elliot of employee owned Network ROI will share how he resolved his leadership succession dilemma.
Bruce Farquhar, Corporate Partner, Anderson Strathern will explain the legalities involved in senior level recruitment and how you can protect the company.
- 9:30am Registration and coffee
- 10:00am Welcome
- 10:15am How to plan for leadership succession - Kaela Dear, Scottish Enterprise
- 10:35am Leadership Succession Case Study - Sean Elliot, Network ROI
- 10:55am Contracts, Covenants and Commitments - Bruce Farquhar, Anderson Strathern
11:15am Q & A
- 12:00pm Networking lunch
- 1:00pm Close
This is the second in a series of events exploring the process of ownership succession.