A decline in oil price of more than 60% from recent peaks in 2014, combined with ageing of regional assets, is creating unprecedented pressure within the industry.
Increasing awareness and consideration of open innovation principles can be combined with other leading edge innovation practices can help companies to develop and drive business growth opportunities.
The workshop will include three key talks and a Q&A session and will be led by Mike Addison of Mike Addison Innovation:
- Introduction to the importance of innovation and the role 'innovation conversations' and events such as these play in the process
- Introduction to open innovation principles, illustrating the concepts with engaging and inspiring examples from the fast moving consumer goods sector and reviewing key learning on what is needed to be successful in the open innovation domain
- Open innovation example from the oil and gas industry - this will demonstrate what is already being done in the sector and inspire others to follow
- Question and answer session with Mike Addison of Aker, chaired by a Scottish Enterprise representative
This event is open to all companies with activities in the oil and gas supply chain and will offer the opportunity to network and discuss potential support we can offer the supply chain in Scotland.
Who should attend?
If your company has been exploring any of these issue, the workshop will be particularly beneficial:
- How well prepared are you for a sustained low oil price?
- Do you understand the importance of innovation?
- Have you changed your market proposition and the route to gaining new business?
With current challenges we expect this event to be in high demand, and numbers will be limited.