The food, drink and agricultural industries are recognised as integral parts to both Scotland's and Europe's economy, both in terms of employment, GVA and scientific excellence.
Continued research and innovation is key to the sectors prosperity, growth, longevity and contribution to the wider-reaching societal challenges that the European population face (food security, nutrition and maximising the use of the resources available).
This workshop will examine the upcoming funding opportunities for research and innovation in this important area, with a focus on:
- Crops and livestock health
- Organic farming, sustainable agriculture and farming systems
- Bio-based innovation
- Rural renaissance (fostering innovation and business opportunities)
- Research and innovation opportunities for SMEs
- International collaboration
The opportunities that will be discussed will include those within:
- Horizon 2020 - The EU research and innovation programme
- Interreg : European Territorial Co-operation Programme
- Innovate UK: The UK's innovation agency
- Scotland Rural Development Programme (SRDP)