Scottish Development International (SDI), the international arm of Scotland's enterprise agencies, has been working closely with Japan's trade organisations, government agencies and major contractors to develop a collaborative platform between Scotland and Japan focused on the emerging opportunities in the subsea sector.
Many Japanese companies are looking to develop their products and services to address the growing opportunities associated with subsea applications in the oil & gas, renewables, defence and seabed mining sectors.
Japan sees Scotland as a centre of excellence in subsea engineering, and companies there are looking for partners from Scotland to help them develop their technology, product and services for the global market.
Stephen Baker, SDI country head of Japan and colleagues from the Tokyo field office will be in attendance and available to discuss subsea opportunities for Scottish companies in Japan.
On the agenda
The event will include presentations covering:
- Doing business in Japan (delivered by SDI Tokyo office staff)
- Background to offshore development in Japan
- Current and future opportunities
- Update on subsea platform collaboration
- Details of upcoming trade mission to Tokyo
- Experience of Scottish companies in Japan
- A briefing from a major Japanese company already operating in the oil & gas sector in Scotland