Who should participate
Are you responsible for leading change in your business and are looking to gain a higher level of support? Can you see the opportunity to streamline your work flows, map your processes and make everyone's job a little better?
Do you come across Lean or Six Sigma in your day to day work?
Have you see previous initiatives stumble as the people just don't get behind the change?
If the answers are yes, then this academy is for you. Using a set of guiding principles that brings change management together with business improvements tools, you will become capable of delivering sustainable improvement through developing ways of engaging others, while also improving your processes.
The guiding principles of the Academy are:
- Continuous improvement combined with behavioural change - embedding the learning to deliver future business benefits
- Best practice exemplars - the chance to spend a day onsite at a Scottish exemplar site
- Focus on sustainable change - tailored to participants' own business improvement project
- Leadership excellence - practical improvement and embedding of leadership skills
- Business excellence - improving the competitiveness of business
The academy requires a commitment of one day per week for the first 5 weeks for all delegates. This includes group-based learning, as well as a visit to a best practice company. Thereafter, the support is incredibly flexible as the practitioner support comes to your business on a day and time that suits you.
The learning across the wider group is then shared as everyone comes back together to learn from each other. Our experience, and company feedback, has shown this approach kick-starts the required change and builds momentum.
What previous delegates have said
"This course has provided the team with the knowledge, structure and motivation to successfully take on a large and complex project to bring about efficiencies and cut out waste." - Cigna (Finance Team)
"This project has been really beneficial to us as a business. It has allowed us to focus on the bottlenecks in our existing processes, and focus on how these processes can be improved. The plans we have put in place as a result of this project will help free up so much time for everyone across the business." - International Correspondence Schools
The Academy approach and key dates:
- The Business Leaders - Creating the environment for sustainable change - 22 September
- The Academy Delegates - Creating a foundation for improvement and behavioural change - 29 September
- The Academy Delegates - 'Live learning' to understand creating flow and reducing of waste - 6 October
- The Academy Delegates - 'Live learning' to prioritise action and create a future state vision - 27 October
- The Academy Delegates - Explore change management and the keys to success - 3 November
- The Academy Delegates - Understand how to effectively communicate change and engage the workforce - 10 November
- The Academy Delegates - A visit to a best practice company and finalise your personal improvement project - 17 November
- The Academy Delegates - Onsite mentoring support, tailored for you in your business - flexible dates
- The Academy Delegates & The Business Leaders - Networking and leaning as you and your peers present your change projects to the business leaders - 12 December