Come along to this market awareness event and gain valuable advice on how to successfully enter the Irish market.
Ireland is the UK's largest export market in food and drink, and second largest market in clothing, fashion and footwear. Trade in other sectors continues to grow.
Why is Ireland the ideal starter or test export market?
- English speaking
- Same time zone
- Strong transport links
- Similar regulatory and legal framework
- Sophisticated consumer market
- Open economy, used to imports
- Good perception of the quality of British goods and services
Come along to hear from:
- John Webster, head of the Scottish Government Office in Ireland
- John McGrane, CEO British Irish Chambers of Commerce
- Shirley McCay, director UK Government's Department for International Trade in Ireland
- Angus MacFarlane, director of business design for Pathfinder
- Colm Moloney, director of Rubicon heritage and CEO of the Irish Business Network in Scotland
- Scottish Enterprise, export adviser
There will be the opportunity to book one-to-one meetings with speakers and advisers from Enterprise Europe Network and Scottish Enterprise's research team.
You'll also get the chance to find out more information about our market visit to Ireland at the end of November.