Ecommerce is becoming an essential tool for companies looking to increase sales at home and abroad.
But being successful takes planning and focus - and this workshop has been designed to help.
If you already have an ecommerce website and are looking to increase domestic and international sales or if you need practical support to get started internationally, we can help.
Tips for successful online sales
To enjoy successful international sales, you need to ask yourself some key questions:
- Does your business have an effective international website
- Can international customers find your website
- Is your site generating online enquiries and international orders
- Is your business set up to handle international enquiries and orders
What you'll learn
At our workshop you will learn how to:
- Gain more international enquiries and customers through your website and digital channels
- Develop an appropriate digital strategy to grow your international business
- Focus on international customer needs and improve your sites international profile
- Improve your websites ranking in international search engines and find out how search engine optimisation (SEO) and social media works in different countries
- Address language considerations and learn how to localise your website
- Learn how to use free tools to assess and validate market opportunities
- Get practical support on using the best channels to target those markets
11 things ecommerce can do for your company
Getting your international ecommerce strategy right can help your company:
- Raise brand awareness and recognition
- Gain a presence nationwide, across Europe or globally, enabling you to reach customers who would not otherwise know about your products and services
- Achieve a competitive advantage
- Grow sales and build traction in markets, particularly for industries which have been slow to uptake ecommerce to date
- Test the water without major investment
- Operate around the clock
- Achieve a quick return on investment
- Avoid third party mark-ups and costs
- Maintain direct control over your marketing
- Improve customer service by analysing online customer behaviour and ecommerce data
- Retain existing customers
This highly interactive workshop will show you ways to win more international business over the web, develop your digital skills and knowledge to create an action plan for success.
Where is this venue located?
Scottish Enterprise Glasgow office,
Atrium Court, 50 Waterloo Street, Glasgow G2 6HQ