As a summit for innovation, this free event aims to help Scotland's SMEs to become more competitive with higher productivity through innovation.
“I think one of the most exciting things about being here is the real variety of people in the room. There’s a real mixture of decision-makers and business owners and you can really have a productive conversation that you know is going to result in something...it’s very beneficial for SMEs because they are able to meet up with other companies rather than operate in their own little isolated world.
Delegate, Venturefest 2015
The Venturefest Network was established by the Innovate UK and the Knowledge Transfer Network in 2014 to:
- Drive more successful commercialisation of research and innovation
- Promote faster growing, innovative businesses that are well-integrated into both local and international supply chains
- Draw together local innovation ecosystems to help people achieve their aims more effectively
- Strengthen the capacity of local innovation ecosystems to adapt to new ways of using innovation and technology to stay ahead of the speed of change in technology and business ideas
- Provide businesses and entrepreneurs and their local business communities with an established and recognised platform to promote their ideas
- Grow the number of Venturefest events produced locally across the UK
- Strengthen local connections with national bodies such as Innovate UK (Technology Strategy Board)
Why should I attend?
If you are a Scottish SME looking to innovate, enter new international markets, find fresh talent and skills or access finance for growth, then Venturefest Scotland is the event for you.