In today's world, innovation is not just about looking inward anymore. Great solutions can come from anywhere.
ConnectUp is brought to you by the Weir Group, Doosan Babcock, Subsea 7, SP Energy Networks, and Stena Line. This is a collaborative event that aims to promote innovative new partnerships with SMEs and entrepreneurs.
At this inaugural event, you'll not only have the chance to learn about key technology challenges that these companies are facing, but you'll also be given the opportunity to share and discuss your innovative solutions, all while learning about new opportunities and meeting like-minded individuals and organisations.
The event will allow you to:
- See presentations from industry and innovation practitioners
- Learn about opportunities offered organisations such as Scottish Enterprise, High Value Manufacturing Catapult, Data Lab, the Supplier Development Programme and many more
- Take part in multiple networking opportunities, including a speed networking event which will guarantee you conversation time with the company of your choice
This event will be focussed on two key themes - industry 4.0 and energy efficiency - but the organisers are interested in meeting innovators with technology solutions across all disciplines.
- Industry 4.0: Commonly known as the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0 refers to growing trends in automation and data exchange across systems and technologies. It includes the Internet of Things, smart sensors, and cloud computing.
- Energy efficiency: Energy efficient solutions aim to reduce the amount of energy required to provide products and services. Energy efficiency can be achieved by products or processes that can reduce the energy consumed, or recover waste energy to be re-used.
- 9.30am: Registration
- 10.00am: Introduction and opening presentation
- 10.35am: Presentation by Weir Group
- 10.50am: Presentation by Stena Line
- 11.05am: Networking break (tea/coffee) and exhibitions
- 11.45am: Presentation by SP Energy Networks
- 12.00pm: Presentation by Doosan Babcock
- 12.15pm: Presentation by Subsea 7
- 12.30pm: Networking lunch and exhibitions
- 13.30pm: Speed networking and exhibitions