The shareholders of Bentleys wanted to look at succession planning for the future. They wanted a plan that would protect the company’s reputation and employees. This session will look at how the shareholders arrived at the decision to move into employee ownership, and how the process worked for them.
Bentleys' advisers, Macroberts, will talk through the legal aspects of the transaction, and the firm's accountants, Henderson Loggie, will explain how the financials worked, and how tax considerations affected the deal.
Attend this event to hear expert advice. This event is aimed at business owners who are looking at their options for leaving their company.
- 9.30am: Coffee and networking
- 10.00am: Welcome and background
Glen Dott, CDS
- 10.15am: The Bentleys' story
Alan Walker, Managing Director and Vendor
- 10.45am: The transaction explained
David Wylie, Partner, Corporate, Macroberts
- 11.05am: Using trusts and share schemes
Martyn Shaw, Partner, Employee Incentives, Macroberts
- 11.20am: Financial considerations in an employee ownership transaction
Rod Mathers, Partner, Henderson Loggie
- 11.40am: Q&A
- 12noon: Close and networking lunch
Register for this event