Grow your export business with a peer group of Scottish exporters on our intermediate level Preparing to Export programme, starting in Edinburgh on 30 May 2017.
The programme’s 12 modules will help your company enter and grow existing export markets by building export capabilities in a range of areas, including:
- Identifying new markets
- Researching target export markets effectively
- Developing an international value proposition
- Shaping your export pricing and terms of international trade
Who should attend?
If you’re ready to take on the challenge of developing new business internationally or need help to develop your strategy to expand your export business further, then this is for you.
The intermediate workshops, hosted by Scottish Development International, are run over three days. You’ll need to attend all workshops to complete the programme.
Workshops are from 9.30am to 4pm on the following dates:
- 30 May 2017
- 13 June 2017
- 27 June 2017
This programme is part-funded through the European Structural and Investment Funds – investing in a smart, sustainable and inclusive future. You should note that this support is a form of state aid, on attendance it will count towards your overall De Minimis allowance.
What are the benefits?
I feel it has definitely been of benefit to give us the processes, conviction, and confidence to take export forward in a planned way, and to question the board in relation to the approach to export. The support is invaluable and will help our business export more effectively and increase profitability.
Jeff Dibdin, Export - Technical Sales Manager, A Proctor Group Ltd
- Increased awareness of the opportunities offered by exporting
- Discover what capabilities and resources you need to sustain export success
- Understand how you can use market research to scope out and select the right export markets and the right sales channel partners
- Get help on how to develop your company's export business model, value proposition, and strategy for export markets
- Get advice on your company's international pricing strategy and payment methods
- Learn how to develop a robust export action plan to win new international business
We’ll lead with an introduction to export planning, aspirations and challenges, followed by 12 modules:
- An overview of export strategy
- International culture and export marketing planning
- Export market identification
- Targeting the right export market
- Researching target export markets
- The export business model
- Establishing market entry channels
- Managing the export channel
- Export pricing and terms of international trade
- Promotion in export markets: offline promotional strategy
- Digital marketing strategy for export markets
- International sales negotiation skills
You'll have the opportunity to present your international action plan at the end of the programme.
The focus is not on academic learning – but rather on how your business can apply good export process and practice through the peer group planning forum.
- Get insight on how to develop your export strategy guided by best practice thinking
- Get support to develop your export capability and skills
The workshops are delivered in an open and dynamic way by a facilitator with many years’ experience in international business.
Meet our expert facilitator
Martin McBride of Envision has over 30 years’ experience in export development / international business – across a range of sectors, from textiles, international financial services, food and drink, technology and engineering.
Martin works with companies across Ireland, Scotland and Scandinavia – that are exporting all over the world. These companies are developing high value business through direct sales, and through the establishment of international sales channel partnerships.
Martin’s experience has been gained through a combination of years in industry, recent years in consultancy, plus on-going non-executive director positions in exporting companies – in security, printing, agricultural machinery, seafood, water and waste water. These companies are exporting all over the world including North America, Scandinavia, Mainland Europe, Middle East, and Far East.