Join this seminar hosted by Scottish Development International to hear expert advice, presentations and discussions, on how Scottish companies can get involved in the significant commercial opportunities that will arise from the Dubai Expo 2020.
Register for this event
19 June 2018
8.30am to 2.30pm
200 St Vincent Street Conference & Events Venue,
Glasgow, G2 5RG
Scottish companies who are already set up in the Middle East or have an interest in exporting to the Middle East.
This venue is accessible - you can tell us about any requirements when you book.
Dubai Expo 2020 offers enormous commercial opportunities for Scottish suppliers of all sizes to win contracts in the building and planning of this significant global event.
This is a unique chance for high growth and innovative companies to be provided with a one-stop-shop of expert guidance, information and contacts covering the Expo 2020 opportunity in Dubai.
Run every 5 years, over a 6-month period, the next World Expo 2020 will be hosted in Dubai, UAE from October 2020 to April 2021. It offers enormous commercial opportunity for Scottish suppliers to win contracts in the building and planning of this significant global event.
Overall, around £6 to £10 billion worth of contracts will be tendered across a vast range of sectors that Scotland is well positioned to win and deliver – including: events, overlay packages, security, IT, retail, food & drink branding, design and creative content.
Dubai Expo 2020 provides a real chance for Scottish businesses of all sizes, with relevant skills and expertise, to apply for large scale contracts overseas. This year and next will be critical periods for your business to win contracts through the Expo tender process. And we're here to help.
Expo 2020 has announced that 20% of all budgets will be spent with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This is equivalent to around £1 billion worth of contracts. Encouragingly, in 2017 we saw that 56% of the contracts that Expo awarded were to SMEs.
What to look out for
- Expo 2020 organisers are set to release their full procurement schedule for 2018 - we're expecting over 700 new tender opportunities
- Launch of a new B2B Online Marketplace in Q2 will make it simpler to register your company
- If you've already registered on the Expo 2020 portal, your details will be migrated automatically to the new Online Marketplace
This event can help you understand the opportunities and how your company can get involved:
- Understand more about the Expo 2020 opportunity and current Middle East environment
- Understand the Online Marketplace system and see a live demonstration on the functionality and how your company can access the commercial opportunities
- Deep dive at a sector level what commercial opportunities are available for tender in 2018 and beyond
- Meet key partners such as UK Export Finace, export advisors, GlobalScots, and more
Book early to secure your place. Spaces are limited to a maximum of two representatives per company.
Register for this event