Ask our experts
20 October 2020 -
10 April 2021
Scottish companies who are already set up in the Middle East or have an interest in exporting to the Middle East.
This venue is accessible - you can tell us about any requirements when you book.
Dubai Expo 2020 offers enormous commercial opportunities for Scottish suppliers of all sizes to win contracts in the building and planning of this significant global event.
Run every 5 years, over a 6-month period, the next World Expo 2020 will be hosted in Dubai, UAE from October 2020 to April 2021. It offers enormous commercial opportunity for Scottish suppliers to win contracts in the building and planning of this significant global event.
Overall, around £6 to £10 billion worth of contracts will be tendered across a vast range of sectors that Scotland is well positioned to win and deliver – including: events, overlay packages, security, IT, retail, food & drink branding, design and creative content.
Dubai Expo 2020 provides a real chance for Scottish businesses of all sizes, with relevant skills and expertise, to apply for large scale contracts overseas. This year and next will be critical periods for your business to win contracts through the Expo tender process. And we're here to help.
Expo 2020 has announced that 20% of all budgets will be spent with small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This is equivalent to around £1 billion worth of contracts. Encouragingly, in 2017 we saw that 56% of the contracts that Expo awarded were to SMEs.
Procurement and B2B opportunities
- Thousands of procurement opportunities will be issued through Expo's Online Marketplace - platform to network, advertise your offerings and compete for business
- For a large number of these tenders, no local presence in required
- It's free, quick and easy to sign up to find about contract opportunities
Register on the Online Marketplace today
Expo Innovation Impact Grant Programme
- Run by Expo 2020, this is a $100m fund for innovative solutions focusing on global challenges
- You can apply for and initial $100,000 grant, with the option of addiitonal funding enabling their solutions to be showcased during the Expo
- They are looking for companies that are delivering innovative and impactful projects that are making a difference to people and communities
- Next round opens Autumn 2018
Find out more on the Expo 2020 website
UK Pavilion Recruitment
- The UK intends to deliver a standout pavilion at the Expo 2020 Dubai in the Opportunity District
- The UK will be procuring a number of areas in the design, build and delivery of the UK Pavilion - such as construction, design, event management, staffing, catering and other tactical opportunities
Six Month Programme Content
- Opportunities for companies in Scotland to be involved in the business and cultural programme that will be developed for the six month period
- Content is aligned to some key areas of strength for Scotland, with a strong focus on pushing boundaries - especially in space, artificial intelligence (IA) and robotics
To win commercial opportunities in Dubai at Expo 2020 follow these steps:
- Step 1: Register on the Online Marketplace
- Step 2: Tell your Scottish Enterprise or the SDI office Dubai when you are registered
- Step 3: Chat to us about opportunities for your company and start applying for relevant contracts
Got a question about Expo 2020 or wider opportunities in Middle East markets? Fill in our short form to get more details and see how our team can support your business.
Ask our experts