Our overview of recent trends in the global, UK and Scottish economies.
February's economic commentary:
- Economic growth in the US (the world’s largest economy) slowed to 2.6%
- The UK economy grew by 0.5% in the final quarter of 2017
- The Bank of England has recently increased its growth forecasts for the UK economy
- Scotland’s economy grew by 0.2% in the third quarter of 2017
- The World Bank also expects global economic growth to edge up to 3.1%
- The Scottish Independent Treasury Economic Model (ITEM) Club forecasts a steady rise in Scotland’s GDP growth
Read more, and see the latest figures in the full economic commentary for February. This gives a bi-monthly update on global, UK and Scottish economic trends and performance, drawing on a wide range of economic indicators and commentaries.
Economic commentary February 2018 (Word, 119KB)