Our monthly overview of recent trends in the global, UK and Scottish economies.
- OECD forecasts an improving, but mixed, global economic outlook for 2017 and 2018
- Growth estimates for the US (the world’s largest economy) upgraded for the last quarter of 2016
- US interest rates rise
- China (the world’s second biggest economy) experiences a slowing in GDP growth
- Modest growth in Japan, the world’s third largest economy
- Eurozone business activity at six year high
- Business investment intentions pick up
- British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) Quarterly Economic Survey reports confidence rising
- Scottish growth expected to be positive in 2017
- The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) reported improved confidence in the first quarter of 2017
Read more and see the latest figures in February's economic report, including an overview of the performance of our account-managed companies and the implications for Scottish Enterprise.
Economic commentary April 2017 (Word doc, 114kB)