Our overview of recent trends in the global, UK and Scottish economies.
November's economic commentary:
- The global economy continues to build momentum
- Growth in the US, the world’s largest economy, has been robust
- China, the world’s second largest economy, has seen lower but more balanced growth
- Growth in the UK over the third quarter of 2017 was 0.4%
- Forecasts for UK GDP have been downgraded
- Despite this, estimates for labour productivity in Q3 2017 are fairly positive
- Growth in the Scottish economy slowed to 0.1% in Q2 2017
- Labour productivity in Scotland fell over the second quarter of 2017
- Median full time weekly earnings in Scotland rose by 2.4% to £547.30 over the year to October 2017.
Read more, and see the latest figures in the full economic commentary for November. This gives a bi-monthly update on global, UK and Scottish economic trends and performance, drawing on a wide range of economic indicators and commentaries.
Economic commentary November 2017 (Word, 164KB)