Our monthly overview of recent trends in the global, UK and Scottish economies.
- The outlook is brighter for global economic growth but risks remain
- Growth estimates for the US (the world’s largest economy) slowed in the first quarter of 2017
- China (the world’s second biggest economy) is set to see its growth increase marginally from 6.5% in January to 6.6% in April
- Political uncertainties continue to have an impact on the UK economy
- The UK economy grew by just 0.2% at the start of the year
- Manufacturing growth rises
- Scottish growth is set to be positive in 2017 but below trend
- Scottish growth is downgraded but expected to be positive in 2017
- Small business confidence is improving, but still negative
Read more and see the latest figures in April's economic report, including an overview of the performance of our account-managed companies and the implications for Scottish Enterprise.
Economic commentary April 2017 (Word doc, 114kB)