The oil and gas industry faces a number of challenges. But opportunities in international markets remain - and we can help you find them.
These are challenging times for Scotland's oil and gas companies. But we're determined to help the sector meet these challenges at home and abroad.
Scottish oil and gas expertise and technology has been exported to every oil and gas field in the world.
We know that demand remains for the skills and experience of our supply chain companies. And we're determined to help your supply chain make the most of these opportunities in established and emerging markets.
That's why we offer a range of services to help companies internationalise. But we also recognise that taking the first steps to exporting can be daunting and finding the right opportunities for your company can take time and resource.
Oil and gas company, Aberdeen Drilling Consultants (ADC), is looking to international markets for significant growth opportunities. The company set up an office in Houston to maximise opportunities in the region.
Get regional market insights
To get you started on your exporting journey, we have produced a series of guides to help you find opportunities for your company.
The guides offer a basic level of insight and analysis to help you begin the process of making more informed business decisions.
Our guides include regional reports for:
Additional guides are available for key countries in each region.
Global trends and opportunities
We've also created a global overview providing information on key topics, including:
- Global demand
- Global supply
- Global reserves
- Oil price dynamics
- Oil price forecast
- Offshore EPIC Capex by sanction price
- Other fuels
- Major global developments
- Offshore supply market outlook
- Global opportunities
- The global outlook for oil and gas
- Global opportunities for your business
Even in a tough climate for the oil and gas industry there remain opportunities in a range of areas – and our reputation for excellence in the sector gives Scottish companies like yours a clear competitive advantage.
Our global report highlights the outlook and opportunities in the following key sub-sectors:
- Subsea: An annual growth rate of 7% is expected in subsea capex demand from 2016-2020 with Africa, Latin America and North America driving demand
- Pipe/control: Global pipe and control line capex is expected to total over US$221 billion between 2016 and 2020
- Floating: Global spend is expected to be over US$75 billion from 2016 to 2020, with Brazil, USA, Australia and Angola driving demand
- Fixed: The fixed platform market is expected to remain resilient with high activity levels in Asia and the Middle East and potential growth in Africa
Read our full global report (PDF, 1.5MB)
Free export advisory service
Ready to join the Scottish companies making it big in international markets?
Get started by talking to our specialist advisors.
Talk to an export expert