We're committed to providing a quality service to our customers in every aspect of our operation. We ensure that our products and services are open to all regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We're committed to publishing information about our targets, achievements, performance and activities.
We publish our annual accounts and annual review and make sure our website, brochures and other publications are clear and written in plain English. You can request information in other languages, on audio or in Braille. You can obtain copies of our publications from this website, at our office, or by phoning or writing.
When we publish our annual review, staff are available to answer questions and provide information to the public.
Our annual reports and accounts
Our Board members declare any potential conflicts of interest and we maintain a register of interests which is available for public inspection. You can also read Board minutes on our website.
Our standards of service
As part of our commitment to good service, we will ensure that:
- Our main offices are open from 8.30am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- We will answer your calls promptly and courteously and will respond to voicemail messages within 24 hours.
- Staff will always identify themselves by name.
- If the person you want to speak to is unavailable, a colleague will deal with your enquiry or you can leave a message.
- We aim to reply to correspondence within five working days. If we need more time to prepare a response, we will contact you within this timescale to let you know when you will receive a full reply. This does not apply to circulars and commercial canvassing letters.
- Staff will acknowledge electronic correspondence within 48 hours and aim to respond fully within five working days. If we need more time to respond we will let you know.
- When absent from the office our staff will initiate an ‘out of office’ message for voicemail and email to advise of alternative contact arrangements.
- We will meet you at the time of your appointment. If you do not have an appointment, a member of staff will meet you on arrival and, if possible, deal with your enquiry. If it is more helpful, we can arrange a convenient appointment for you later.
- If we have an appointment with you, we will make every effort to arrive on time. If we are unavoidably delayed, we will do our best to inform you of the delay and the expected time of arrival. If we have to cancel a visit, we will inform you immediately and arrange an alternative appointment at a mutually convenient time.
- We will pay all agreed and valid invoices within 30 days of receipt.
- We will advise suppliers within 10 days of any queries with an invoice.
- We will reply to requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act within 20 working days.
Value for money
We recognise that providing the best value for money is a vital part of our commitment to the people in Scotland.
We conduct regular internal and independent external evaluations to assess how efficiently and effectively we carry out our activities. We operate a policy of competitive tendering for the procurement of goods and services. Where we don't adopt a competitive tendering approach to contracts, the reasons should be fully documented on file and approved as per the Delegated Authority levels.
We use internal auditors to continuously review our activities and internal control systems. These are also reviewed by Audit Scotland. Our accounts are independently audited and published each year
We welcome feedback on every aspect of our business. We also welcome comments on our standards of service and your view on how we are performing against them.
We take all comments and complaints we receive from customers seriously. Whether it's a letter, an email or a call to our helpline, we'll try to reply as soon as possible and, at most, within five working days. We will let you know if we need more time to reply and will also keep you informed of progress of our investigation so that you will know when you can expect a full response.
You can contact us or write to us at:
Enquiry Fulfilment and Research Service
2 Mariner Court
8 South Avenue
Clydebank Business Park
We also provide a number of other opportunities for feedback:
- Focus groups
- Annual review forum
- Customer surveys
- Through any member of staff
We hope you don’t need to complain but if you do, follow our complaints procedure.