Scottish Enterprise's health and safety policy and procedure focuses on the systems and procedures which create a safe environment for everyone who works in, and visits our premises.
Chief Executive, Lena Wilson's statement:
As Chief Executive of Scottish Enterprise (SE), I am the Accountable Officer and ultimately responsible for ensuring that we comply with all relevant Health and Safety legislative requirements and that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to allow SE to maintain, monitor and continually improve our overall health and safety performance.
Along with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), I recognise that we have an important responsibility in promoting and ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all our employees at work and others who may be affected by working alongside us.
Therefore, the focus of this policy is to provide systems and procedures which create a safe environment for everyone who works in, and visits our premises and to positively promote good health and safety practices amongst all staff members across our organisation.
To do this we will create and maintain a positive health and safety culture which secures your participation and recognises legal health and safety requirements as a minimum standard.
For any Health and Safety (H&S) Policy to be successful, we need your full support and commitment to achieving good health and safety standards.
Our key aim is to achieve ‘Zero Accident/Zero Harm’ in all our activities and workplaces. In order to achieve this, we are all required to:
- Work in a way that ensures our own safety and that of others
- Adhere to any policy or guidance document designed to ensure a safe place and work practices
- Not interfere with or misuse any item or equipment supplied for health and safety purposes
- Use any equipment provided to us for our personal safety as instructed
- Report accidents or events that have led, or may lead, to injury to persons, or damage to property or equipment
- Assist with investigations of accidents and dangerous events to prevent a recurrence
- Take care of our own health to ensure our continued well-being at work
- Co-operate fully with the staff responsible for managing health and safety across the organisation
To make sure we always comply with best practice and current legislation for health and safety, this policy will be reviewed annually. I ask that you play your part by reading and understanding the policy document and becoming familiar with any supplemental health and safety guidance notes.
Read the health and safety policy (PDF, 918KB)