The Advanced Forming Research Centre (AFRC) supports industry through applied research in state-of-the-art forming and forging, based on the need for evolving manufacturing methods to produce metallic parts of the highest structural standard.
The AFRC enables companies like yours find solutions to industrial challenges using the latest technologies, developments and manufacturing ideas. The right equipment and on-site expertise provides the best R&D services in a robust and standardised way.
The AFRC can help your business:
- Get solutions to industrial challenges, as well as providing the results to ensure competitiveness in years to come
- Develop projects - AFRC offers a range of services that can support your industrial challenges
- Collaborate on R&D - AFRC will develop your project idea through the many services it offers and investigate the funding sources available, ensuring you have all the information needed to access them
- Access the knowledge exchange, which includes:
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships: Take advantage of technological improvements for your business
- Engineering Doctorate Programme: A cost-effective approach to research work and up-skill your workforce
The AFRC is part of the UK High Value Manufacturing (HVM) Catapult and a partnership between members, the University of Strathclyde and the key funding bodies notably Scottish Enterprise and Technology Strategy Board.