ITREZ offers the opportunity to be part of an industry-driven cluster. With facilities, funding and expertise available, industry and academia can work more closely to create innovative products and services that are essential for the growing offshore renewables sector.
Locating in ITREZ can give your company access to academia, graduates, laboratories and research areas focussed on industry needs, as well as the University of Strathclyde, the Energy Technology Partnership and the Scottish Energy Laboratory.
Accommodating a growing number of key industry, innovation, supply chain and manufacturing partners, ITREZ offers increased opportunities for networking with industry, academia and public sector, and to engage in collaborative projects and the sharing of knowledge and best practice
'inovo’ is purpose built to accommodate companies operating in the renewable energy and related industries, especially those intending to participate in the research programmes at the neighbouring Technology and Innovation Centre.
The building is designed specifically to encourage collaboration between tenants and allow SMEs, supply chain, and innovative companies to be located closer to the larger industry players within ITREZ.
- 4,800 sq m (51,500 sq ft) of flexible Grade “A” office space over five floors
- Built to exacting standards of Excellent BREEAM and ‘A’ EPC rating
- Fully fitted small office suites on the ground floor
- Upper floors capable of division
- Communal business lounge, meeting and boardroom space
- Separate ground floor café and coffee house which connects with the business lounge
- Basement car parking (18 spaces) and 25 cycle racks
- Cycle changing facilities and toilets in the basement
- Facilities for around 500 technical and administration staff
- Structured leasing arrangements
The Technology and Innovation Centre
Opening in January 2015, the Technology and Innovation Centre will be 25,000 sq m over nine floors and will accommodate up to 850 academics working alongside industry partners and companies located within the inovo building.
Working in partnership with industry, academics from the university are using innovative new approaches, with multidisciplinary project teams formed to combine the university’s strengths in engineering, science, business, humanities and the social sciences, in order to develop new technologies for the renewable energy sector.
The sectors included as part of the centre are energy, manufacturing, health, and future cities.
Shared facilities (also available to tenants of ‘inovo’) include:
- Premium executive board meeting space
- Executive suite of meeting rooms
- Lecture theatres
- Conference and events cluster
- Public engagement and exhibition space
- Catering and café facilities
- Short-term industry touch-down space
- Academic expertise, specialist equipment or shared lab facilities
- Knowledge exchange or technology transfer hub