Intellectual property (IP) assets not only include patents, copyright, registered designs and trade marks but can also include trade secrets, expertise, sector knowledge and brand identity.
On average, IP assets form around 80% of a business value – so they require effective management to extract maximum profitability.
How we can help
We offer free and impartial advice to help your business identify, manage and exploit IP assets. Effective management of your IP, including expertise and market knowledge, can help increase your company's profits.
We can help you:
- Identify the IP you will need to manage to protect new innovations and developments
- Manage confidentiality, contracts and ownership between third parties and your business
- Identify and value the unique assets that make your company attractive to investors and customers
- Take your goods and services to market
- Strengthen and protect your brand
- Tailor your international IP strategy
Are you eligible?
Your company will need to be formed and based in Scotland and have ambitions for growth.
If you haven't formed your company yet, Business Gateway can help you get started.
We'll help you identify what you need to do to improve your IP management and achieve greater profitability for your business.
Get in touch
More on intellectual assets