The Nuclear decommissioning market in Scotland is valued at approximately £3.5 billion over the next 15 years - £65 billion across the UK - and the international decommissioning market is growing year on year.
Due to the history of the domestic nuclear market and the current age of our civil nuclear plants, Scotland’s capabilities in decommissioning give us a significant competitive advantage in international markets.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) have committed 20% of their supply chain spend to SMEs, offering great opportunities for companies across Scotland.
Our Nuclear Supply Chain (NSC) project offers Scottish-based SMEs free, impartial advice to companies looking to enter the nuclear supply chain or to build on their existing experience.
We can provide commercial advice on market entry and technical advice on achieving high quality fabrication.
By joining the project you'll benefit from one-to-one support from industry experts along with a range of nuclear sector workshops, brokerage meetings and "Meet the Buyer" events as well as a series of useful guides for SMEs keen to operate in the nuclear sector.
Upcoming events in 2016, include:
- Nuclear safety and design workshop, Stirling, 28 April
- Meet the buyer, Dunblane, 22 June
You can register for these events now on the TWI website
The support we provide is practical and will include:
- Identifying specific market opportunities which match your company’s capabilities
- Providing an insight into international opportunities
- Advice on how to write successful nuclear bids
- Recommendations on how to meet the sector's quality and safety requirements
- Identifying suitable nuclear supply chain events
- Brokering meetings with key customers
Nuclear supply chain success stories