Start up to scale up service
The High Growth Ventures team offers strategic engagement to new businesses at the early stages of that journey, supporting innovation driven enterprises from start up to scale up.
Typically this involves initial exploration of the business model, with validation and assessment of potential routes to market and customer segments, followed by connections into our networks both in Scotland and international.
Engagement focuses around intensive, one to one support and services designed to get the business started.
- Intensive one-to-one adviser service
- Guidance towards developing the core commercial offering
- Signpost to relevant support mechanisms, for example our products, other available grants
- Mentoring and coaching of CEO/team
- International engagement/connections
- Investor readiness assessment and improvement
- Connect with investors
- Team development and attraction
As well as the above, technology development is often supported through our other teams or funding partners. Business and investment strategic planning is facilitated by the team, including introductions to professional advisers in corporate law, finance and IP.
Encouraging the development of entrepreneurs is also a key part of our service. Founders learn from an experienced team of advisers and are encouraged to take part in masterclasses and workshops we and our partners deliver to develop their own skills.
The objectives are to:
- Build the business on solid foundations
- Develop a full understanding of the opportunity and markets
- Raise investment supporting the business to move to the scale up phase