The amount offered will be at our discretion, and we give your project a thorough appraisal before we decide.
Grants are available at:
- For ALL SMEs applying for a grant in excess of £100k, SE are providing an intervention rate of 35% up to 50%.
- For ALL large companies applying for a grant in excess of £100k, SE are providing an intervention rate of 25% up to 40%.
- Grants above £100,000 must demonstrate a positive impact on R&D jobs in Scotland.
Grants are typically paid quarterly in arrears, based on evidence of actual expenditure. Grants to SMEs may involve European funding, but we'll tell you in any offer letter whether this is the case. We publish annual reports, listing details of the R&D Grants we've awarded.
The application process
Your final application will include three things:
- Expression of Interest form
- Project proposal
- Business plan and accounts
(If you have an established management arrangement with Scottish Enterprise, and you’ve already provided some or all of this information for other purposes, please discuss this with your relationship manager before you apply.)
Provided your application meets basic eligibility criteria, we will undertake appropriate internal or external due diligence using experienced technical and financial assessors.