Scottish Enterprise (SE) provides a range of funding and support to its customers. SE also includes Scottish Development International and the Scottish Investment Bank. In order to provide that funding and support we need to process personal information from time to time. The amount of personal information required and the purpose for processing of personal information varies depending on the nature and type of the funding and/or support a customer needs. We have set out below, in general terms, the types and purposes for processing personal information where this relates to funding and support.
Personal information processed
SE would process personal information in the folloiwng areas:
- Identity data
- Contact data
- Claims data
- Financial data
- Transaction data
There may also be instances where we need to process special category data (e.g. as part of director’s disclosure letters for investments). Where special category data is required we will let you know the purpose for processing this and seek your express consent to this.
Source of personal information
For accessing funding and support, sources of your personal information would come from the following areas:
- Direct interactions
- Employer or company
- Public sector partners
- Customer relationship management (CRM) partners
- Third party sources
The purpose for processing
SE would need to process your personal information for the following purposes:
- As a point of contact for funding and support applications:
- To undertake due diligence for fraud prevention
- To assess the need for funding and support
- Appraisal of applications for funding and support
- To enable the delivery of funding and support
- As evidence substantiating claims for payment of funding and support:
- To make payments of funding and support
- To analyse and report on funding and support
- To meet requirements of regulatory frameworks
- To audit our compliance with regulatory frameworks
- Management of investments, including monitoring the use of investment funds and processing consents
- To consider you as a non-executive director and match you with opportunities within our portfolio companies
There are lawful grounds why SE would need to collect and use your personal information. These are:
- A legal obligation – much of our funding and support is provided under European legislation, which requires us to process personal information;
- Performance of task in the public interest task/exercise of our official authority (using funds appropriately)
We will use consent as the lawful ground for processing personal information for the purposes of non-executive directors.
Consequences of not providing the personal information
If you do not provide SE with personal information, we will be unable to provide funding and support.
How long we will keep your personal information
European legislation, under which we provide much of funding and support specifies the periods of time for which we have to keep documentation relating to funding and support we have granted. This is generally, 10 years from the date of the end of the European funding programme. For example, funding and support given under a 2014-2020 programme will require to be retained until the end of 2030.
However, where personal information is processed for the purpose of managing investments, we will retain this for so long as we continue to be invested in the Company, after which time it will be deleted.
Supplier details will be retained for 12 years from last activity date.