The Scottish Investment Bank is our investment arm. It helps our most promising growth and export companies achieve their full potential through support and investment.
In 2016-17 SIB:
- invested £63.5 million in 146 Scottish companies
- helped companies leverage £106 million of private investment
- invested £2.8 million in 5 companies through the Scottish Loan Fund
- invested £5.9 million in 3 companies through the Epidarex Life Sciences Fund
International sales of our investee companies exceeded £250 million.
Scottish Investment Bank Annual Review 2016-17
This year we helped Scottish companies deliver ambitious international growth plans. In 2015-16 we:
- Invested £52.4 million in 133 Scottish companies
- Helped companies leverage £277 million of private investment
- Invested £12.2 million in 13 SMEs, through the Scottish Loan Fund
Our investee companies won export contracts worth £179.6 million and their international sales reached over £220 million
Scottish Investment Bank Annual Review 2015-2016
This was a year when investment flourished. In 2014-15 we:
- Invested £66.5 million - more than double on the previous year
- Leveraged £99 million of private investment
- Helped over 400 companies prepare for investment
- Added 46 companies to our portfolio and supported 5 company exits
- Welcomed nine new partners, seven of which were from outside of Scotland
These investments produce economic benefits for Scotland.
Our portfolio companies contribute over 3,500 jobs to the Scottish economy.
Breaking records in investment
Scottish Investment Bank Annual Review 2014-2015