Is your company interested in the multi-billion pound offshore wind and renewables opportunity?
With multiple projects planned and under construction for the waters around Scotland, the rest of the UK and Europe, Scottish companies are ideally placed to take advantage of these local, national and international opportunities presented by the growth of the sector.
Europe is currently at the forefront of offshore wind development, accounting for over 92% of global offshore wind deployment to date. The region is forecast to build up to 27GW of offshore wind by the end of the decade, worth an estimated £60 billion in capital and operational expenditure over the next five years.
Offshore wind expert support comes in two phases and covers two areas:
- Phase one offers 100% funded (FREE) two day support
- Phase two offers 50% funded support for up to four days, allowing for more in-depth look at the company and the requirements
Both phases cover both market analysis and technical due diligence support.
Market analysis is delivered by an expert consultant in this area. This support covers:
- Company’s current capabilities (e.g. skills, processes) and its potential in relation to current offshore wind opportunities
- Suitability of a specific product to the sector
- Market/supply chain positioning
Technical due diligence is delivered by expert consultants in this topic. This includes:
- The level of technical innovation and the impact of the project, comparison of technologies, site operations etc
- The technical risks and challenges of the project
- The commercial potential, market need and exploitation route including review of project costs, marketing strategy, demand drivers, legal issues
- The positive and/or negative impact of the project on the environment and risks and opportunities