International online marketplace guides

Selling on the Price Minister online marketplace

Online payment using a smartphone - Photo by Pexels

Selling on the Price Minister online marketplace

Getting started Price Minister

Price Minister is a French version of the Japanese marketplace, Rakuten.

Rakuten bought the popular French marketplace, Price Minster, and rebranded it as Rakuten France. Even since the rebrand, it’s the 7th most popular marketplace in France by traffic.

It has 22 million users. Around 96% of them are French, the other 4% are from Canada, Switzerland and Belgium.

You can sell products from almost any category on its marketplace. eBay France is seen as its main competitor.



Price Minister is a business-to-consumer (B2C) market place, selling to customers in France.


You can sell on Price Minister if your business is in one or more of the following sectors:

  • Electronics
  • Technology
  • Fashion
  • Sports and hobbies
  • Homewares
  • Health and beauty
  • Automotive

Subscriptions and fees

Seller fees vary and are dependent on the type of subscription taken out.

If you pay the highest-level subscription fee, then you’ll pay a lower percentage commission on each sale. Commission rates start at 5%. 

Contact us

Get in touch with our trade advisers who can help you sell on international online marketplaces.


All information provided on this web page is for general guidance only. Due diligence on a given third party or listing remains the exclusive responsibility of the end user. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the details represented, Scottish Enterprise cannot endorse, recommend or accept responsibility for any transactions conducted between the user and a given third party or listing provided on this web page. Scottish Enterprise has compiled these guides using secondary sources and all information was correct at the time or writing.