Our Market Visits Programme offers you an excellent platform to visit an export market, conduct market research, and appoint an agent/distributor or to visit existing clients.
You can explore new horizons in fast-growing markets around the world backed by support of Scottish Development International (SDI) experts.
You’ll also benefit from subventions for travel and accommodation costs for the overseas market visit.
The programme covers:
- Starter market visits – to support new and early stage exporters across all sectors to enter ‘closer to home’ markets in Europe and North America primarily
- High growth market visits – to support growing companies enter high growth markets in the Middle East, China and India
Are you eligible?
Our Market Visits Programme is open to all Scottish-based companies across all business sectors.
In order for you to get a market visit support we need to ensure:
- Your company is either new to export and/or has been exporting for less than 10 years
- You have been working with an international trade adviser or equivalent on some form of trade development activity
- Your company is fully prepared for a market visit and has completed sufficient market research before heading out to the country – we can help you with this
If you don’t fit the above criteria then please contact us as you may still be able to help you.
See what’s involved before you make an enquiry
Register your interest in our Market Visits Programme by completing our enquiry form. One of our trade advisers will then get in touch to discuss your business needs in full.
Ask about our Middle East, India and China market visits
Ask about our European market visits
Ask about our USA market visits
Who's been on our trade missions?