When you make an enquiry to the Scottish Enterprise (SE) enquiry service, it will be processed in the following ways.
Personal information processed
SE collects the following types of personal data:
- Identity data
- Contact data
Source of personal information
Your direct interactions with SE are a source of personal information.
The purpose for processing
SE collects personal data for the following purposes:
- To keep you informed of the status of your enquiry
- To answer your enquiry/complaint
- To respond to freedom of information requests
- To exercise data subject rights
- To respond to data subject rights requests
- To create a new customer record
If you proceed to receive funding and support from us your personal information will be processed as described in our funding and support category.
SE collects personal data for the following legal reasons:
- Legal obligation
Consequences of not providing the personal information
If you do not give us personal information, we will be unable to answer your queries
We will also be unable to meet our legislative requirements under the following areas:
- Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
- Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
- The INSPIRE Regulations 2009
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679
- The Data Protection Act 2018
How long we will keep your personal information
Your personal information will be retained for a period of two years after your enquiry is answered, or as part of our legal requirements. If there is a continuation of service, (e.g. funding and support) your personal information will be retained as per the details of that service.