Scotland's international competitiveness is underpinned by the handling of our talented people. Effective leadership and management, innovative workplace practices, and curious, international mindsets are key influencers of business performance.
Better deploying our people and talent will help us to stimulate higher levels of innovation, growth and productivity.
We’ll broaden the range of work in this area, reflecting its increased importance in driving Scotland’s competitiveness and economic success.
Supporting firms to raise wage levels, employ tomorrow's talent and engage employees, we will collaborate with partners, industry and business to deliver the progressive practices outlined in the Scottish Business Pledge and the Fair Work Convention.
We intend to:
- Build a productive workforce
- Encourage leadership as a strong driver of growth
- Stimulate progressive workplace practices through the Scottish Business Pledge
- Address the jobs challenge
- Address people issues in our sectors
In 2015-2018 we're aiming for:
- 22,000 – 28,000 planned jobs through inward investment
- Of which 7,000 – 8,500 are High Value Added (HVA) planned jobs - HVA planned jobs refer to jobs 20% above the Scottish average salary rate and/or R&D
- 2,000 – 2,500 companies developing their leadership through SE support
- Increased capacity of 550 – 750 entrepreneurs to create internationally competitive, early-stage ventures
Read our business plan 2015-18