More investment in Scotland’s growth companies and our business infrastructure is central to the task of increasing sustainable economic growth.
We invest to stimulate increased competitiveness, as well as looking at how we best leverage private sector investment and attract new investment into Scotland.
Increasingly, we’ll also seek to create more opportunities to ensure all parts of Scotland benefit from increased growth.
We aim to support Scottish businesses by helping:
- Create investment for company growth
- Build Scotland’s business infrastructure
- Develop our international connections
- Attract international investment
- Develop Scotland’s economic assets
In 2015-2018 we're aiming for:
- £240-300m of leveraged private investment from the provision of growth finance via the Scottish Investment Bank
- 1200 – 1500 businesses with growth and export potential to improve their financial readiness (225 – 300 specifically supported to secure growth funding)
- £450-600m of planned capital investment by supported companies
More about the Scottish Investment Bank
Read our business plan 2015-18