Make it to Market
Prepare or launch products or services into international markets with the Make it to Market grant.
We can contribute up to 70% of eligible costs between £2,000 and £5,000.
You can use it for:
- New projects when product is beyond research and close to market.
- Adapting an existing product to meet overseas regulations for a new international market
- External expert advice on technical feasibility or product modification
- Product-based market research, including development of samples
- Intellectual property (IP), licensing and brand protection (excluding registration fees) - provided IP related costs have an international focus, and make up no more than 50% of the total eligible project costs
- Professional guidance on overseas contracts with suppliers, intermediaries or manufacturers
- Translation costs relating to product adaptation and launch
- Overseas travel costs, provided they do not make up more than 20% of the total eligible project costs
Is it right for you?
You can apply for the Make it to Market grant if you're:
- A small to medium-sized VAT-registered Scottish business or social enterprise developing products or services for an international market
- Able to contribute at least 30% of the cost
- Able to fund the project up-front
- Able to demonstrate the benefits of the project
By exception, non-VAT registered applicants may be considered if they have pre-approval for a VAT exemption via their Business Gateway adviser.
This grant is not for you if:
- You have received, or are receiving, funding from Scottish Enterprise or any other public sector body for the same project
- You're a Scottish Enterprise account managed company or Business Gateway Growth Pipeline company
- You've previously received a Make it to Market or By Design grant in the past
If you're unsure whether this grant is right for you, you may be able to discuss your options with an adviser through our innovation support service.
Are you eligible?