Funded market visits allow Scottish companies, like yours, to explore opportunities in key markets as part of an organised group, across a range of business sectors.They play an important role, giving you the chance to experience markets, make valuable contacts and see first-hand how business is done in those countries so you can better develop your international business strategy.
The programme will help you to:
- Learn practical aspects of doing business in target markets
- Network with business support intermediaries
- Meet and connect with Scottish Development International with local market expertise
- Boost your profile with key customers to gain a competitive advantage
- Develop relationships with potential customers, agents/distributors
- Conduct market research and test a new market
- Launch new products
- Tap into cross-sector collaborative opportunities
- Realise you ambitions, to make things happen
How does a market visit work?
We run market visits in all of the world’s major regions. Our skilled network of international trade and UK partners based in British Embassies, High Commissions and Consular Offices, across the globe, play an important part in market visit success. We can help you tap into this valuable resource.
Their local language skills, market knowledge and extensive political and commercial contacts put them at the heart of our Market Visits Programme to help companies like yours become successful exporters.
We can help with funding and support needed to attend including:
- Pre-event planning admin and follow-up support
- Financial grants and discounts for travel and accommodation
- Visa application (where necessary)
- Market visit programme development
- Market research and insights
- Access to local networks and business contacts including GlobalScots
- Tips on marketing and promotion
How much will it cost?
There is no fee to join a market visit. Support may be available for eligible companies towards travel and accommodation costs.
How can I prepare for a market visit?
A market visit will usually follow an initial market research exercise. This research is vital in helping you to identify the appropriate opportunities and to maximise the value of your visit. And we can help.
Do your research
Check to see if you're eligible
Register your interest in our Market Visits Programme by completing our enquiry form. One of our trade advisers will then get in touch to discuss your business needs in full.
Make an enquiry
Who's been on our trade missions?