Scottish companies are at the forefront of delivering innovative energy solutions to our islands.
And, with around 2000 islands with populations between 1000 and 10,000 people worldwide, the skills developed in Scotland are in demand in international markets.
Our Sustainable Islands International programme can help Scottish companies find opportunities to develop their innovations for islands and remote communities around the world.
Solutions to the specific energy challenges faced by the communities can include:
- Smart grid
- Domestic heat and electricity storage
- Low carbon transport
- District heating
We're building partnerships with different funders of sustainable energy projects to highlight the capabilities and experience of companies in Scotland.
Support for your business
By joining Sustainable Islands International you'll also be able to access a range of support, including:
- Market intelligence on tenders and pre-tender information
- Insights into routes to key markets
- Briefings on the procurement process used by development banks
- Training in writing bids for international tenders
- Guidance on existing business development support services
- Support to attend international trade missions
- Organisation of consortia to respond to specific tender opportunities
- Support to collaborate with other companies
Ready to find new international opportunities?
You can find out more and join the programme on the Sustainable Islands International website.
Sustainable Islands International website