We aim to help transform Scotland’s innovation performance to equal the best-performing nations by 2020.
To achieve this, we will adopt a more flexible support method, seeking new delivery models to maximise impact and support the foundations of the innovation process.
- Encourage collaboration between academia and business
- Help companies use R&D to generate revenue
- Improve support for entrepreneurial companies
- Support companies to use innovation to succeed internationally
- Capitalise on global supply chain opportunities
- Develop Scotland's low carbon opportunity
These actions will help us to contribute to the Scottish Government's Scotland 'Can Do' Framework, helping to create a more innovative, entrepreneurial nation.
In 2015-2018, we're aiming for:
- 2,400 - 3,000 supported businesses becoming Innovation Active
- £500-650m of planned additional R&D investment through Scottish Enterprise assisted projects
- £700-850m of planned additional turnover from innovation by supported companies
- £300-360m of planned efficiency improvements by supported companies
Read our business plan 2015-18